|Exam 200-120||Question id=134||WAN Technologies|
It has become necessary to configure an existing serial interface to accept a second Frame Relay virtual circuit. Which of the following are required to solve this?
configure static frame relay map entries for each subinterface network|
remove the ip address from the physical interface|
create the virtual interfaces with the interface command|
configure each subinterface with its own IP address|
encapsulate the physical interface with multipoint PPP|
the second Frame Relay virtual circuit is not allowed, only one VC per one serial interface|
Step to configure Frame Relay subinterfaces on a physical interface:
1. Remove any network layer address (IP) assigned to the physical interface. If the physical interface has an address, frames are not received by the local subinterfaces.
2. Configure Frame Relay encapsulation on the physical interface using the encapsulation frame- relay command.
3. For each of the defined PVCs, create a logical subinterface. Specify the port number, followed by a dot (.) and the subinterface number.
4. Configure an IP address for the interface and set the bandwidth.
5. Configure the local DLCI on the subinterface using the frame-relay interface-dlci command.