|Exam 400-101||Question id=151||Layer 2 Technologies|
Which statements are true about an EVPL?
It has a high degree of transparency.|
It does not allow for service multiplexing.|
The EVPL service is also referred to as E-line.|
It is a point-to-point Ethernet connection between a pair of UNIs.|
Ethernet Virtual Private Line
An all-fiber optic network service that connects subscriber locations at native LAN speeds, EVPL uses point-to-point Ethernet virtual connections (EVCs) to define site-to-site connections:
- Can be configured to support multiple EVCs to enable hub and spoke configuration.
- Supports a wide variety of EVC bandwidth options so you can incrementally scale bandwidth to meet your growing network requirements.
- Easy desktop control over bandwidth via the Verizon Enterprise Center portal.
- EVCs are offered in 1Mbps increments from 1-10Mbps, 10Mbps increments from 10-100Mbps and 100Mbps increments from 100-1000Mbps.
- Scalability – allows you to purchase and provision only what you need then scale bandwidth as you network requirements grow.
- Point-to-point EVC offer predictable performance for customer applications.
- Ideal for voice, video, and real-time data.